ok, im stuck. What is the next step for my midibox64 build?

kingnerk

Hi,

Ok, so I have built my core and all my modules. I have uploaded MIOS and got the READY status on my LCD.

I then downloaded the setup_midibox64.hex file and uploaded that to my core. Was this the right thing to do?

Now instead of the ready status it just flicks through a load of numbers constantly and doesnt stop with only the core connected.

Is there actually a default midibox 64 app or do i HAVE to install all the C editing software and build my own?

Do i have to have all my faders/buttons/pots connected before I can actually tell if all my modules are working or can I just connect 1 module and a few buttons and see it communicating anywhere??

As far as I can tell I just need to fill in the blank:

Build modules

Upload MIOS

??

play with finished midibox!

Sorry for the newb post, i really have spent ages trying to work out whats next, I actually thought the build bit would be the hardest part!

If anyone could point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it.

Cheers

NEil

you just need to connect your buttons(DIN) /pots(AIN) /LEDs(DOUT) to your modules  (and dont forget to claimb all unused analog inputs to ground)

and then get freaky  ;) ;) ;)

to replace the "??" in his post entirely you missed: upload an application :-P

/edit: oops should read more carefully, sorry for stupid post

thanks guys. So im pretty close?

Just so im clear, the display acting weird is because I dont have an AIN board attached (and therefore grounded)

If i attach the AIN and a few faders and ground the empty pins I should technically have a working midibox? (YAY!)

Janis1279:

I have opened the .asm file, and i dont really get WHY i need to edit this file?

Once I have all my faders etc connected then i will look closer at editing the midibox app. I take it I will have to edit it if I want the display to read out something different when turning a pot for example?

Thanks for the help. I just felt I was going in circles and thought I may have to learn C just to use it :)

Im pretty nifty with Flash actionscript which is similar to C, but thats the next phase!

cheers

Once I have all my faders etc connected then i will look closer at editing the midibox app. I take it I will have to edit it if I want the display to read out something different when turning a pot for example?

I haven't used the MB64 yet, but as far as i know, you don't need to do any programming in C. (MB64 is written entirely in Assembler anyhow, right?) It's mere adapting a bunch of settings, e.g. how many DINs and AINs are connected.

look into the setup_midibox64.asm, it's all nicely explained there.

After that, it should be working :)

I haven't used the MB64 yet, but as far as i know, you don't need to do any programming in C. (MB64 is written entirely in Assembler anyhow, right?) It's mere adapting a bunch of settings, e.g. how many DINs and AINs are connected.

look into the setup_midibox64.asm, it's all nicely explained there.

After that, it should be working :)

Ok, so what I have to do is edit the .asm file for my setup (1AIN, 2DIN, 1DOUT) then recompile it again to make a .hex file?

cheers