[S] unbuilt Stribe Kit, 8 strips, red LEDs !!NEW IN UNOPENED BOX!!

Wilba

stribe_build_3%20128.jpg

A year ago, I bought the Stribe "uC Hacker's Kit" with red LEDs, shortly after TK got the hardware working with MIDIbox firmware (see this post). This is the same as the "Complete Stribe Prototype Kit" but "MINUS the Arduino MINI, the Arduino USB, associated sockets and the reset switch.  You will need to provide your own microcontroller or other method for controlling the display and sensors, and powering the board." Of course, this is perfect if you want to use MIDIbox firmware and reuse TK's code (I assume there's a reason he used MIDIbox instead!).

Due to so many other projects in the past year, it's still in it's original, unopened box. That's a good sign that maybe I should sell it to raise cash for MIDIbox prototyping (or to build nILS' modular) ;)

So... if anyone is interested in buying it, send me an email: Jason.S.Williams@gmail.com

I paid US$470 over a year ago, the US$ is about the same now as it was then, plus it's now a discontinued kit, so don't insult me with cheap offers! ;) If I was sufficiently motivated, I'd build it myself and then sell it pre-built. There are plenty of people with GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) and serious DIY aversion who could drive up an eBay auction for a pre-built Stribe. Add "discontinued and rare" to that equation and I'm sure I could get over $1000 for a pre-built one (esp. if I do a funky acrylic case).

But I seriously CBF building it and designing a case, etc. Maybe someone else with more time can take this kit and make a profit on it, or turn it into a cool toy. The option is there to use MIDIbox hardware or an Arduino or some other flavour of microcontroller, I don't know... you'll have to research this yourself... just know it's the "uC Hacker's Kit" meaning it doesn't come with the Arduino (See Stribe kit details here). Only serious DIY people should make offers - I'm not going to help you build it.

More details about how to build it can be found at: http://www.stribe.org/

I'll collect offers (if any) over the next fortnight and then make a decision to sell or not.

• 3 months later...

*BUMP*

I didn't get any offers, and it's time to stop hoarding stuff I'll never get around to building.

Somebody please make me an offer, or I'll be forced to give it away to some gottverdammt Klugscheißer who doesn't deserve it just to make room in my cramped little study (aka. the sammichSID factory).