Can I use this trackballer

FreQshifter

This sensor trackball looks pretty cool. similar to a xy pad (which i can't seem to find on the internet)

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9320

What board do i connect this too, ain, din?

if it works, can i multiplex these?

and also i looked at the Schematics and I dont know what is BTN on the pcb board??

any help would be great...

Edited by FreQshifter

and also i looked at the Schematics and I dont know what is BTN on the pcb board??

Read! :blink: ... From the link you posted: "...An SMD momentary switch is placed under the trackball to give you a select switch. The BTN line will be pulled low when the switch is pressed..."

How it works...?

From the Hall-Sensor datasheet: "...AN48841B Low current consumption, high sensitivity CMOS Hall IC Operates on Alternating Magnetic Field (low-speed rotation for lock detection)..."

-> it seems to switch high/low on change of the sensed polarity. But I don't understand how it can tell you about the direction. - Assumed, the paired magnets have exactly the same polarity position (can be, since they can "freely spin", they are not "locked" to each other), how could you find out the direction?

I think you have to buy one, connect it to an oscilloscope and try to find out more.

Greets, Roger

PS: Connect to DIN