new sid box in the works...

JMS

here's the story so far:

i ordered some parts a couple weeks ago from a nice little web shop and soldered them together. i de-soldered ever so patiently as to not burn up, a sid from a c64 i've been sitting on for about 3 years. the c64 was bought on ebay for like $15 us including shipping. the in-progress synth has 1 6581 sid that was manufactured in the 51'st week of 1983. it's at the stage where i can play, switch and edit patches. i need to build one single power supply for the unit, make some panels for the empty holes in the case and be done with it!!

from the c64 of course i re-used the sid. i also reused the power jack and some other port on the back for my midi in/out sockets! i'm still pondering using the power supply parts of the c64 mainboard as a decent power board for the synth or just building one with all new parts.

thanks TK and midibox crew for the nice project docs! pics attached, when i get the inside wiring done i'll post more!

post-5706-126179279468_thumb.jpg

post-5706-126179309697_thumb.jpg

post-5706-126179322723_thumb.jpg

post-5706-126179332258_thumb.jpg

post-5706-126179342075_thumb.jpg