LCD compatibility (protocol + supply)

protofuse

hello,

I'd like to know your opinion about the compatibility of this LCD with the midibox CORE8

http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFAH2002ATMIJT.html

I have one.

I made a mistake when I first connected it... I probably killed it :-(

but not sure

backlight is ok (but I guess it is a basic led)

even the MIOS version message doesn't appear

sometime, I have characters filled a bit

it isn't stable etc.

so I'd like to know if the compatibility (protocol & power supply) was ok & if there was some tests to do before drop it

all the best!

CFAH2002ATMIJP-3.pdf

Hi.

It looks to use a standard HD44780 or equivalent controller so should definately be supported by MIOS8.

What app did you have loaded on the core? Is it definately compiled defaulting to the clcd driver???

Most LCD problems are related to wiring, so I would double and triple check it, also what PIC are you using? The PIC18F4685 for example only supports 4-bit LCD connections.

What mistake did you make when you connected it? Was there smoke ? smile.gif

Cheers

Phil

Edited by philetaylor

Hi.

It looks to use a standard HD44780 or equivalent controller so should definately be supported by MIOS8.

What app did you have loaded on the core? Is it definately compiled defaulting to the clcd driver???

Most LCD problems are related to wiring, so I would double and triple check it, also what PIC are you using? The PIC18F4685 for example only supports 4-bit LCD connections.

What mistake did you make when you connected it? Was there smoke ? smile.gif

Cheers

Phil

hello phil!

the app is a basic one and based on MB64: http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fcontrollers%2Fprotodeck_v1%2Fprotodeck_CORE_2%2Fmain.c

I'm using a PIC18F4620.

the LCD was VERY hot (the chip inside the black plastic under the lcd especially) when I plugged it bad!

no smoke (!)

the LCD was VERY hot (the chip inside the black plastic under the lcd especially) when I plugged it bad!

That doesn't sound good....

If you are not even getting the MIOS welcome screen then unless there is a wiring error, it does look like the display is toast.....

Cheers

Phil