U-create music

der.warst

Hey,

anyone of you come across the U-create music? I found it a while ago in this Blog: http://nomeist.com/ucreate-music/199/comment-page-1#comment-584 (read the comments, too, this is where the real informations are). Needless to say, I immediately bought one and to say the least, this thing frelling ROCKS! Well beyond any toy I ever bought for about 10 pounds before, or any proper instrument i got for an equal amount of money, for that matter. I would even go as far as saying it beats the dren out of quite a few so called "pro" pieces of gear for prices waaaaaay beyond that. The effect section alone is unbelievable for a unit this cheap, and yes, you can use it as a standalone fx unit. Apart from the somehow quite average flanger/phaser/distortion/delay/filter it has those amazing looper and pitch fx --instant aphex twin! It's no KP, but amazingly close when it comes to controllability and fun factor. Only one effect at a time, but, well you could just buy another one. :)

There's no comfy way to add your own samples yet, apart from the two sample slots, which is why I'm trying to spread it around the DIY community a little.

Perhaps some of you know how to write an alternative frontend for it, or how to reverse engineer it or whatever...

Oh, and I don't work for Mattel. I'm just very impressed with that thing. It's just too cool to not be hacked to its full potential.

der Warst