The biggest drum triggers module ever :)

Guest PFozz

Hey,

Thanx Thorsten for this absolutly great project !

I've built Admir's edrum and it works fine (thank you, Admir, btw ^^)

But I'd like to build a module with more inputs and a hihat variable controller using MIOS

Is it possible to program something that uses pots inputs and manage up to 64 'impact' signals between 0 and 5v (regulated piezos) ?

Can I use the timer function to know how many time passed between a pot position and another (using an input to connect a pot) ?

Thanx again,

-- PFozz --

http://edrum.for.free.fr

All sounds possible... I'm not good with the electronics side of it so I'm not sure what would be required to get MIOS talking to peizo's, but I'm sure it would be possible and probably quite easy... And the coding part of it wouldn't be too rough either... Have you done any programming before (particularly in ASM)?

• 4 weeks later...

this sounds like exactly the sort of thing i've been thinking about.

Scan the AINs for some threshold value (just above 0 to eliminate noise etc) and when the threshold value is reached wait for the peak and output that as a midi note/event.

Wouldn't know where to start in the assembly though, only done a little at uni, didn't make too much sense then :-/  Although i'm willing to learn, sounds like a cool idea

I've been searching for  a way to build my own drum module and ended up with the e-drum as my only  option.But I too want to build a module with MIOS.so I can connect more triggers and also use the digital side for trigger loops.Doesn't seem like it would be impossible but I don't have any programming experience.(yet) ;D Let's get something going on this.

I haven't read the E-drum site for a while because you have to register now, so i don't know if the answer to my next question is given in his faq or something similar. Couldn't you ask Admir for the source code/assemble code file of the E-Drum and make some necessarry changes to the code? Or is it already there for download?