mios32_config.h and USB0..7

baptistou

Hi There,

First of all, is there a place where I can find all the variables that can be defined in mios32_config.h?

Second question: how do we set up the number of USB ports we want to use? I would like to use 2 or 3 com ports through usb, I guess I first need to put #define MIOS32_USE_USB_COM in the config.h as in the com_console example, but then how do you set up the number of coms?

Third one: can we change the baudrate of UART0 and UART1 on the fly while the app is running?

Thanks all

Baptistou

Hi,

First of all, is there a place where I can find all the variables that can be defined in mios32_config.h?

Here: http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fdoc%2Fmios32%2FMIOS32_CONFIG.txt

Second question: how do we set up the number of USB ports we want to use? I would like to use 2 or 3 com ports through usb, I guess I first need to put #define MIOS32_USE_USB_COM in the config.h as in the com_console example, but then how do you set up the number of coms?

The USB COM protocol only supports a single IO connection.

Are you working under Windows? In this case you won't be able to run USB MIDI and USB COM in parallel anyhow (e.g. WinXP will crash!) - this would only work under MacOS

Third one: can we change the baudrate of UART0 and UART1 on the fly while the app is running?

Is this a hypothetical question, or do you really need this function?

Then I could add MIOS32_COM_BaudrateSet() for you...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

Do you mean that you can use up to 8 USB midi ports but that won't work with USB com ports?

I'm programming with mac os X and my core will sometimes be plugged to a winXP computer. I already know that I need to disable midi if I plan to use com instead when on winXP.

Being able to change the baudrate on the fly would be a plus for me but I'm not in a hurry for that function. For now I compile my program with different parameters and upload the proper one when I need it.

Kind regards

Baptistou

Do you mean that you can use up to 8 USB midi ports but that won't work with USB com ports?

yes

Being able to change the baudrate on the fly would be a plus for me but I'm not in a hurry for that function. For now I compile my program with different parameters and upload the proper one when I need it.

ok... I added the set/get functions, please update your SVN repository.

-> http://www.midibox.org/mios32/manual/group___m_i_o_s32___u_a_r_t.html#g27e0f0a4efaf73173c9225e3e28d559a

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi again,

I've been having little troubles with the com interface and windows XP. I just downloaded the com_console example to my core32, and when I plug it to a winXP computer through USB windows just doesn't recognise the hardware (which can be seen in the device manager as unknown device). I've installed ftdi and prolific usb to com drivers but nothing has changed. What kind of driver should I give to windows XP and where could I find them?

Best regards

Baptistou