Note repeat programming

mQueue

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out a way of implementing a note repeat feature in a midibox and having trouble getting my head around how it should be programmed.

Note Repeat is a feature on the Akai MPC where a button is held and then the machine spits out continuous 16th notes or 8th notes etc. of a midi note received.

I know I'll have to look at Midi Clocks being received from a Master and send note ons based on that, but I'm having trouble conceptualizing the steps to get the MidiBox sending out the continuous notes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

you are searching for an arpeggiator function.

Here is a programming example, but it will only run under MIOS32:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Ftutorials%2F018_arpeggiator%2F

Similar things can be done with MIOS8 (on a less elegant way) based on this clockbox firmware:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fclockbox%2F

Best Regards, Thorsten.

No, it doesn't make a difference since the sequencer module (which is included into the project) provides an internal clock generator with Master, Slave and Auto Mode.

By default it is in Auto mode, which means that it will automatically switch to Slave (-> external clock) once MIDI clock events are received

Best Regards, Thorsten.