Can someone confirm I am ordering the correct stuff?

PeDr0

Hi Midiboxers!

I would like to retro-fit my old midi box, that I never did manage to get working 100% with an STM32 chip based system. You can see a picture of my midibox hear Picture of my midibox

The project was based on the old single board midibox64 system, but I am wondering what to order to replace this and just wanted to double check I have it correct.

I am going to order from smashTV:

1 x Core32 Module PCB With IC + Parts kit

2 x AIN Module PCB + Parts kit

2 x DIN Module PCB + Parts kit

2 x DOUT Kit + parts kit

Am I right in thinking there is no point buying the LTC module for the STM chip? Sorry I just got a little confused this project has become so huge now! Its great!

All the best, Peter Adams

Oh! good job I checked. But I don't understand why?

Is it because DOUT and DIN are still on todo list? Ahh OK I think I just answered my own question.

What is the expected time-frame for this? , I think I might wait... :-)

Kind regards, the slowest midibox builder on the planet..

Is it because DOUT and DIN are still on todo list? Ahh OK I think I just answered my own question.

no it's because it isn't done yet :tongue: While TK is truely a genius, he's still only a single person creating all this in his spare time. The only "finished"/beta project on the Core32 is the SEQ, and there's a variety of programming examples and fragments that can be used by programmers to do their own stuff. This change is a really big one involving a whole new architecture, thousands of new possibilities etc, so you can't have all that done in no time. And another reason why the HUI applications aren't done yet is probably that the processing power provided by the good old PIC is still good enough to do simple tasks like scanning a few buttons/pots and sending a few MIDI events. These apps like MB64 are mature and do what they're supposed to do so there's no real need to change over to the Core32.

What is the expected time-frame for this? , I think I might wait... :-)

good plan - or you could simply try again using the good and stable old architecture :)

S

no it's because it isn't done yet :tongue: While TK is truely a genius, he's still only a single person creating all this in his spare time. The only "finished"/beta project on the Core32 is the SEQ, and there's a variety of programming examples and fragments that can be used by programmers to do their own stuff. This change is a really big one involving a whole new architecture, thousands of new possibilities etc, so you can't have all that done in no time. And another reason why the HUI applications aren't done yet is probably that the processing power provided by the good old PIC is still good enough to do simple tasks like scanning a few buttons/pots and sending a few MIDI events. These apps like MB64 are mature and do what they're supposed to do so there's no real need to change over to the Core32.

good plan - or you could simply try again using the good and stable old architecture :)

S

Thank you, I think I will try again using the pic18f452 as a brain for my creation!