MIOS32 toolchain w/ gcc or sourcery stuff ?

protofuse

hello friends & gurus,

I hope you're all fine.

I was a bit busy these months so I didn't participate enough here :ermm:

I'm beginning to experiment core32 / toolchain etc.

I had a question about the toolchain: http://www.midibox.o..._toolchain_core

today, is the stm32 Cortex M3 supported by the gnu gcc ?

or do I have to use the sourcery stuff yet?

all the best

Edited by protofuse

If you are using Windows, you are best to download the CodeSourcery toolchain. This includes the gnu gcc cross-compiler and newlib which are required for building MIOS32 apps.

You are welcome to download the source for binutils/gcc/newlib etc yourself but building a cross-compiler is not a straight-forward task (especially on Windows).

TK and I have been working on providing a "MIDIbox" toolchain using the same versions of all tools for Windows/Linux/Mac OS X but this may take some time as the latest version of gcc or newlib compiles larger code than older versions (we aren't really sure which yet).

If you just want to compile MIOS32 apps on Windows then the CodeSourcery toolchain is the way to go at the moment but beware, if you are compiling SEQv4 then don't use the latest CodeSourcery release (2010q1) as "nuke" found You are best to download 2008q3 at the moment.

Cheers

Phil

If you are using Windows, you are best to download the CodeSourcery toolchain. This includes the gnu gcc cross-compiler and newlib which are required for building MIOS32 apps.

You are welcome to download the source for binutils/gcc/newlib etc yourself but building a cross-compiler is not a straight-forward task (especially on Windows).

TK and I have been working on providing a "MIDIbox" toolchain using the same versions of all tools for Windows/Linux/Mac OS X but this may take some time as the latest version of gcc or newlib compiles larger code than older versions (we aren't really sure which yet).

If you just want to compile MIOS32 apps on Windows then the CodeSourcery toolchain is the way to go at the moment but beware, if you are compiling SEQv4 then don't use the latest CodeSourcery release (2010q1) as "nuke" found You are best to download 2008q3 at the moment.

Cheers

Phil

ok Phil !

thanks a lot for your feedback.

I'm okay here, I can compile etc.

yeah!

it wasn't harder than with the mios8.

all the best, I'll post some other questions on irc right now :)