sammich sid, access multi engine

pixump

Hi,

With the SIDv2 you have to be in the first menu after power-on, then hold down shift while cycling through the different engines with the second menu-button.

It goes like Ld->Bs->Dr->Ml which stands for multi.

Btw, i'm quite sure, It's the same on a sammich.

Hi,

With the SIDv2 you have to be in the first menu after power-on, then hold down shift while cycling through the different engines with the second menu-button.

It goes like Ld->Bs->Dr->Ml which stands for multi.

Btw, i'm quite sure, It's the same on a sammich.

i was able to access multi mode. tried to edit multi init patch to make it 6 voice polyphonic. checked to make sure oscillators were active, checked to see if filters were too low. poly mode is enabled as well...

unsure what i am missing.

i only seem to be hearing sound from the audio leds (sid1) on the right side, i see leds flashing for the right side but no sound. maybe sid 2 is dead?or am i missing something super obvious. again checked manual

to see if im missing anything but everything looks ok to me?

again any help appreciated

In the LeadEngine, the two SIDs are for left and right channel, to get stereo sound.

IN the MultiEngine, the SIDs are used for polyphony, but still wired to left/right.

Try hitting more than 3 notes, then you have sound on both SIDs/sides.

If not, something's wrong with your sammich.

Were you getting stereo sounds in Lead engine?

Are you using a stereo plug in the stereo audio out socket?

If you think one SID isn't making noise, swap SIDs and see if the working channel changes or not. Thus you can tell if it's the SID or the channel (i.e. the SID socket or its audio buffer or the audio socket etc.).