MB6582 LED Matrix in Meter Mode Question

bsilverberg

I just finished the CS of my MB6582 and everything appears to be working properly. LED test passes fine. Matrix mode, I guess is ok, since I'm not 100% what I should be looking for as light patterns do change with patch changes. But, I assumed that the Meter Mode would resemble the sammichSID whereas what I played would modify what I see. But on the MB6582, regardless of whether I'm playing notes or not, it lights the same set of LED's, some solid, some flickering. It's that way for quite a few of the patches. On other patches, just one or two LED's light up when I play. I will say, the Poly patches do look exactly like the sammichSID in how they light up. I assumed Meter Mode would resemble a VU meter or organized patterns depending on where I play on the Keyboard just like the sammichSID. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone weigh in on this? Is there a YouTube video or something that shows what the Matrix in Meter Mode should look like when played? Any help is much appreciated! And, yes, this thing ROCKS!!

Thank you so much,

Ben

Hi Ben, great to hear your build went fine ;-)

The sammich VU meter is just for bling, this one has a real purpose :-).

Differently to the sammich, the meter mode displays the modulator output values - you can experiment with this turning the LFO speed and depths.

A slow sinus wave with a large amplitude on modulator six would light up three LEDs in column six, altering in a quite blocky sinus wave form. So this feature is very useful visualizing what your modulators do.

It would be very nice to be able to use more than three LEDs vertically to display the modulator output value, though. It would totaly add to the general sci-fi spaceship targeting computer feeling of the mb6582 :)

By the way - the V2 modulators rock the house :-)

Bye,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye