Sid upload hex v37 fail

jerd

I decided to update my sidbox to the latest r37 version. I used Mios studio 2.1 to upload the hex file. Everything seemed ok when it flashed, but froze up "rebooting" on the lcd. When Mios2.1 finished, it said there were 20ish errors, but it said it was "ok". When i rebooted the sidbox it first read - Mios v1.9g - as usual, next it freezes on the screen that reads ...firmware version(34) with "Loading CS".

When i set my midi ports the same (port 1 in and port 1 out) mios will show "Core Family: PIC18F ......Bootloader is up & running!" But the strange thing is the midi in port shoots out a continuous string of data. When i try to upload hex, it will give me the error "Midi in overun"

*Edited to make more sense

Edited by jerd

When i set my midi ports the same (port 1 in and port 1 out) mios will show "Core Family: PIC18F ......Bootloader is up & running!" But the strange thing is the midi in port shoots out a continuous string of data. When i try to upload hex, it will give me the error "Midi in overun"

That continous string of data is a midi feedback loop, the initial upload request from the core is looping around over and over as a result of you using the same in and out. Hook it back up the other way (where you were able to upload, but with errors, and try playing with settings like delay between midi messages, etc..

The issue is probably with your interface or operating system, MIOS and midibox sometimes don't play nice with certain versions of windows (64-bit and most versions of Vista)and they also don't get along with generic midi interfaces. I'm sure if you post your OS and midi interface someone else can chime in and help you track down the problem, but since you're able to upload most of the program I don't think it's your core that's the problem.

You can also try the older version of MIOS studio, if you've had success with that in the past.

I still couldn't figure it out with WinXP. I could only see the Bootloader status if it was in that looped mode. Otherwise, it wasn't seen. Whenever i would try to upload a file it gives me the same midi error again. I've tried a few different usb midi interfaces with no luck. Any other ideas, I must be forgetting something?

Got it. It ended up working fine using win7 64. Of all the ways i tried and retried it i dont know how,,, MiosStudio2.1 with port 1 in and port 2 out somehow worked. Pilot error i'm sure. Thanks everyone for your input.

I think it originally flashed bad because it did so while in the looped mode.

*It's reassuring to know i haven't been able to screw it up yet, this sidbox wont give up!

Edited by jerd