Newbe question-toggling alternate tunings in midiboxcv

mbira

Hifolks,

I am new here. I am building a lunchbox size modular synth, and I need a midi to cv module. The thing is, I play three main tunings-one regular western scale, and two other tunings that are very different-including stretched non-linear octaves, etc.

I need to be able to switch from these tunings from song to song. Is there a way to achieve this with the midiboxCV? I have seen that you can change your tuning with the cv_curve_table1.inc file, but I'm wondering if there is a way to store three of those files and toggle between them?

If not, is my only hope to build three different midi to cv converters?

Thanks!

Joel

i could add this option once I'm back home. it isn't so difficult, but while the implementation will probably take 15 minutes for me, explaining how you could add this would take multiples of this time. ;)

do you already know the values which have to be entered into the tables?

(you could already try them out...)

then i could add the prepared tables to the release.

best regards, thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for your reply. I do know the tunings I need. That said, all I'm trying to discern at this point is IF midiboxCV will achieve what I need it to do? I'm not asking you to give me the full solution right now :) I just want to know if I should be going down the path of building one.

I think you are saying it's possible, but it'd be easiest for you to add the tunings to the code yourself. Is that correct?

Is switching between tuning tables something I can do live on stage with something like a switch-or how would that work?

Thanks!

Edited by mbira

I think you are saying it's possible, but it'd be easiest for you to add the tunings to the code yourself. Is that correct?

yes

Is switching between tuning tables something I can do live on stage with something like a switch-or how would that work?

The scale will be selectable in a LCD menu.

it will be stored in the patch structure and changed when you are selecting one of 128 patches on the main page, e.g. with a rotary encoder or with inc/dec buttons.

alternatively i could add some code for selecting the scales via dedicated buttons, but i guess that you will prefer the selection via prepared patches anyhow, because multiple setup parameters can be changed at once?

best regards, thorsten.