yamaha dsp factory (01v mixer)

schoko

Yeh Flownezz and I were discussing this earlier on (there are several old ISA cards which could be made to do beautiful things with MIOS) , but we will all have to calm down a little until TK can work his magic and make us an IDE interface...

Or you could do it for us  ;)

I think the only reason it can't be controlled directly is that it hasn't any midi drivers.

I use a DSP2416 with CakeWalk9 and an AudioX driver.  Cakewalk allows me to map control of bits of the card from a midi message from another midi device (currently a Control Freak...but before I found this site).  I use the freak to control channel levels and muting, but could do a more.  I don't think it can handle the bussing or effects selections.

I guess my answer is that you should be able to with the right software without waiting for any hardware development.

There was a small app that midi enabled the DSP around a year or so back.  I didn't download it and I don't know if its still around.

Steve.

hi stephen, i use c-console from c-mexx, but i´d be happier, if i could use the remote o1v setup, by cubase itself....

so i asked if there is someone here who tried to modify midi to this

purposes....

another prog (c-console), means sometimes that i have to reset my

2 dsp factorys (audio breaks)..

so it would be fine if cubase thinks there are 2 o1v on the midi line who remotes the 2 pci cards...

besides that it works quite well with this configuration now....

if someone allready tried to control something like this

i would be happy about any comments about this theme

just to make it clear...