2 Sammich Sid issues.

brogram

Ok, Well I tried everything you suggested and also re-flowed a lot of pads and now the buttons and knob are working just fine.

I can scroll through menus and everything.

However, every time I know turn on the Sam it formats the bank sticks...

I was able to upload the presets but then when I went looking for them they didn't show.

Of course with the bank sticks formatting that's not the main issue.

I also need a working link so I can really buy you a beer.

Or maybe I'm missing something and Development is really

just more drinking.

If it's formatting ALL the banksticks then there must be an issue writing to the bankstick... i.e. it's reading back zeroes all the time so the firmware wants to format them, which would also explains why patches aren't storing.

I suggest taking out all the 24LC512 and only inserting one in "Bank 1" socket. Then check the voltages around there (as per the voltage check section of the build guide). Make sure the pins that should be ground are really ground (those pads can be tricky to solder). Then check there are no shorts or bad connections for the data pins going between the PIC and the banksticks. There are two data lines which they all share, and which are also connected to J4 (MD and SD pins). See the tracks using the PDF: http://www.mb6582.org/sammichSID/sammichSID_Base_PCB.pdf