Is it posible to Run MBSIDV2 with an Aout LC and an Aout NG and other questions about the Aout LC...

JRock

Ok, so I have an MBSID V2 with Stereo SIDs connected on the 1st core and an AOUT NG (no SIDs) connected to the second core. That all works as it should...

So I built a Quad VCA... Two channels are hooked to the V2A of the 2nd core (with the AOUT NG). That works as it should.

I built a AOUT LC for the 1st core... I would like to run the SID audio through the other 2 channels of the VCA, to avoid the Dreaded ADSR Bug.

I would like to only use 1 AOUT LC. I think 8bits should be enough for a VCA. I don't know if this is possible.

I defined the AOUT interface of the setup_6581.asm to 2

I defined all the *2A defaults to 0 -- Except V2A which I set to 1 (L) and 2 ®

I left the AOUT LC resolution at 0 on all M*

I recompiled and uploaded to the 1st core.

I set the 8bit/8bit jumpers in place on the AOUT LC module.

I connected J1 (AOUT LC) to J6 (Core) as specified for the MBSID V2 configuration. (SI,SC,and RC NOT 1:1)

I turned it ond the light in the AOUT NG flashed for a second then stopped. Nothing came on. No MIOS 1.9. :shocked:

I disconnected the AOUT LG and everything worked fine.

I changed the jumpers on the AOUT LC to the 12/4 bit configuration... Same thing happened when I turned it on - Nothing :sad:

Is it possible to use different AOUTs on different cores?

Can I use 8/8 bit config to control the L + R VCAs via the V2A using only 1 AOUT LC?

Did I set the defaults properly for what I'm trying to do?

I could use a doublecheck on my setup.

Is the problem mechanical or soft in nature is what I'm trying to figure out. I've been over the board, but I miss simple stuff all the time. Kinda seems like a power problem... If I had to guess I would say 12v or 5v is shorting to ground somewhere, or backwards... Nothing smoking or sparking though.