Power Gone

Tron77

Hi,

It's been a while since I've been here, but after more than a year I try to pick up my SID (v1) project and want to finish where I left: A power failure (or something)

I actually finished my Sid more than 2 years ago and it worked (with some minor problems, which I could live with) fine, but for some reason it stopped playing.

I Have one optimized PSU, wich delivers 5.24 V and 14.10 V

I have 2 Core's (no 7805's placed as the optimized Psu page describes) and 2 Sids (8580) and have build the complete control surface.

tone Test --Ok

Interconnection test -- OK (maybe not necessary)

I have taken all connections to and from the first core, removed the PIC and the 6N138 and connected it back to the --> Result: Fuse blows.

When I check the board with a multimeter, I cannot find anything, even with a magnifying glass.

Can someone maybe help me on the way with this one? I'm really stuck

Thanks.

Youri

[EDIT]

Removed components from the Core one by one, C5, T1 and after C3 the Fuse didn't blew. placed original components back and everything was fine again. Little weird.

Still No sound, not even a small buzz or hum.

[EDIT]

Wrong voltage across SID no. 1 ==> 3 V. checked it and found something, I'd rather not mention here [shame]...forgot to cut something and this caused a shortciruit.

Well anyway, This Topic can be closed

Youri

Edited by Tron77