Setting ID Header via MPLAB-(X)?

meltac

Hi everyone!

regarding to my MB6582 project, i am wondering if it is possible to change the ID header of a PIC via MPLABX (or MPLAB)? If i load the bootloader *.hex file to mplab, how can i find the correct position of the ID header definition? I also tried to find it by myself, but without luck. I am unfamiliar to this IDE and maybe there is a special dialog inside mplab? Has anyone an idea?

Doing it with the newbie advice would cause me to plug and pull the chips into the socket for core0 4 times while having a "Nullkraft" (zero force?) socket unused on my desk.

Hi,

since my PICstart programmer isn't compatible anymore, I can't try this out. So, I would be interested on the answer as well.

Doing it with the newbie advice would cause me to plug and pull the chips into the socket for core0 4 times while having a "Nullkraft" (zero force?) socket unused on my desk.

The chip can be changed quickly, and the configuration only has to be done once (since the ID can only be overwritten by the special "change_id" app)

It isn't really required to use such a special socket for this procedure.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The chip can be changed quickly, and the configuration only has to be done once (since the ID can only be overwritten by the special "change_id" app)

It isn't really required to use such a special socket for this procedure.

Hi Thorsten,

i was just afraid of breaking pins off my PIC's. So I searched for an alternative method to reprogram the header id. Nevertheless, i am quite far from this construction step. Yesterday my long awaited PCB's by SmashTV have arrived.

I will study MPLABX a bit more. Maybe i find out how is it done with.

Regards

Meltac