ADSR bug questions....

wicked1

Well, I suppose like everyone else, I've finally found the problems of the ADSR bug. I pretty much only play live, so fixing things later isn't an option. (Ok, to be honest, it's been years since I've performed at an event, but live play is my general goal)

When playing drums and bassline on the sid, and having the ADSR bug workaround turned on with both, are things in sync?(Using 2 separate cores, 4 sids in this example) I think they are.. It sounds better than having the ABW off. But, it's sad what aging and general lack of time for music does to your ability to correctly hear 30ms, and I can't quite tell if it's right!

I know an external VCA would get around the issue for lead mode... Can I set drum mode to use an external VCA as well to overcome the issue?

And finally, are there any little delay boxes that would add the 30ms delay? DIY would be awesome.. But even some sort of rack equipment that just has in's and outs and a delay time would be great. I still don't use computers in my music! (like I said, I'm old.. and I run an IT company, so I get enough of computers in other parts of my life!)

Thanks for any advice.

BTW, the mb-sid has far surpassed my expectations.. (other than the expectation of the VCA working :D, but that's not the fault of anyone here...)

This thing is seriously amazing!

When playing drums and bassline on the sid, and having the ADSR bug workaround turned on with both, are things in sync?(Using 2 separate cores, 4 sids in this example) I think they are.. It sounds better than having the ABW off. But, it's sad what aging and general lack of time for music does to your ability to correctly hear 30ms, and I can't quite tell if it's right!

Yes, the ADSR workaround causes a constant delay which is identical for all modes.

E.g. I used it live during the "bassline demo 3" video session - but without other instruments, therefore no compensation was required.

I know an external VCA would get around the issue for lead mode... Can I set drum mode to use an external VCA as well to overcome the issue?

No, because the external VCA could only be used for 3 oscillators at once (for each SID output)

And finally, are there any little delay boxes that would add the 30ms delay? DIY would be awesome.. But even some sort of rack equipment that just has in's and outs and a delay time would be great. I still don't use computers in my music! (like I said, I'm old.. and I run an IT company, so I get enough of computers in other parts of my life!)

Maybe somebody has an advice for a good Fx unit which can be used for constant delays?

BTW, the mb-sid has far surpassed my expectations.. (other than the expectation of the VCA working :D, but that's not the fault of anyone here...)

This thing is seriously amazing!

:flowers:

Best Regards, Thorsten.