sammichSID one SID only one SID working at a time?

Taika-Kim

On my sammichSID, only one of the SIDs seem to be working at a time. On multi patches, the device plays 3 notes, then 3 silent notes.

I have tested the device with only one of the chips installed, both work fine alone, also in both slots. The screen always shows 1*** on the SID specification, shouldn't there be also the other chip shown?

Or is this a limitation of the sammichSID chip setup?

I have 1.9g firmware, haven't updated yet since I have only one MIDI cable and can't seem to use the loader software because it needs to communicate both ways.

Also still the encoder jumps often a lot, even to different direction where I am turning it. Does somebody have the part specification to order a new one?

Edited by Taika-Kim

Ah, it's the cores, not the SIDs, understood. Hmm the manual is not altogether clear on all basic things, information seems to be scattered about a bit...

So how do I change the panning of individual SIDs, now they both go to the centre and the L/R-menu option does not do anything? I'd like to have the chips be hard panned in lead mode to different channels, now they both have centre panning...

So when I press shift, and the screen shows SID1, it actually means CORE1, handling the stereo pair of 2 chips?

Oh, and also I saw a post specifying that the F1-3 buttons can be user defined, on my device they play a patch, maybe starting a sequencer or arpeggiator? Also one button seems to affect the gate somehow?