Moving groups in Eagle Light?

Lall

Hi all,

I have successfully etched a few boards incl. Core, DIN, DOUT, AIN and SID  ;D.

I'm currently playing around with Eagle Light to make use of the "lost" space I have when making a core on a 16x10 board (2cm remaining on top and below of the core). I'd like to put more space between components and some connectors and stuff like that...

I've tried grouping all the components of the core together and move them (also cut/paste them) but Eagle complains that this is not possible in the Light version :'(.

Does any of you know if there's a work-around for that?

I don't feel like moving all parts one by one...

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Lall

Heya Lall!

Usually when Eagle complains about "not possible in the Light version" you are trying to place a component outside of the maximum board size limit.  Try moving just one component out until it gives you the error to see where your limit is.  It's not always the white bounding box that Eagle shows you on a new file.

Have fun!

SmashTV

Hi SmashTV,

Indeed, you're right. Stupid me! I didn't thought that the boundary was in the other direction... By rotating the whole stuff first, I can know make some space available around the board.

Thanks a lot  :D

Best regards,

J-C