NOW SOLD- MB Seq V4

Modularman

Hi TK and all,

NOW SOLD

Seeking permission to sell my nearly completed MB Seq V4, doesn't need many parts or much work to get it up and running.

Built most of it a year or two ago and never got the time to complete it.

MB%20Seq%20small.jpg

Front panel is 19U rack format, beautifully made by Julian "the beast"

Front panel pcb is by Wilba, It has all micro switches fitted, all encoders fitted, turned pin ic sockets fitted.

MBHP Core STM32 R1 which I think was from smashtv, fully assembled. I bought this with the Arm STM32 pre soldered in place. Haven't powered it up or tested it but pretty sure it will work fine.

Includes two options for LCD display

Option 1 - two of 2 x 80 Optrex White transmissive lcd's, white letters on green background (Expensive! these cost GBP28 each)

Option 2 - two of 2 x 80 standard green LCD displays

Includes 16 of bicolour led's

Includes 58 of black push buttons for micro switches

Includes 16 of black knobs for encoders

Includes one of large black encoder wheel with indent

So, all of the knobs, buttons and switches are included to complete the front panel

A few hours work and some ribbon cables and TTL IC's and it should be up and running

Don't have any time for SDIY anymore so has to go :-(

Edited by Modularman

ok from my side.

But: could you please test the USB MIDI connection to the STM32 core before selling it - and update the bootloader?

Otherwise debugging could be difficult for somebody who hasn't built the module from scratch.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

ok from my side.

But: could you please test the USB MIDI connection to the STM32 core before selling it - and update the bootloader?

Otherwise debugging could be difficult for somebody who hasn't built the module from scratch.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

Many thanks for the fast reply.

I don't think I have the ability to test usb midi connection and update bootloader, I've been out of MB stuff and electronics for two years and wouldn't know where to start, all of this is just a distant memory to me now :-(

Am I ok to sell it as is, obviously making the new owner aware that this needs to be done and debugging may be involved?

best regards,

Allan

Hi Allan,

as long as the new owner is aware of this, it's ok for me.

The bootloader update is essential, otherwise the MBSEQ V4 application could crash!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

Thats great, thanks! I will make sure that the new owner is fully aware of this and is able to get this MB Seq up and running.

It has never been powered up so hopefully the proceedure will be reasonably straightforward.

Keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Allan