Question about 40 button mbox64 and LEDs

Guest jaycza

Hi, I got a question for you all.. I am planning to build a full featured mbox64 that will include 40 buttons and 32 LEDS. The link that has me a bit confused is the following:

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_32buttons.pdf

I understand that the functions of J3 of the DINX4 module are preset controls for the menu. One of my questions is, why is J4 labeled F1-F4? Are they programmable buttons? Why are they labeled F1 instead of #1? Do LEDS light up when you press these buttons? Also, i understand if i want to make a 40 button mbox64 i will have to add another DINX4 module and stuff only the 1st IC, as far as numbering will it just continue where the 1st DIN module left off? Would this be correct for the 2nd DIN module, J4 = #25-#28 and J3 = #29-#32? Thanks for all your help!

-J

hi J,

I understand that the functions of J3 of the DINX4 module are preset controls for the menu.
yes - preset controls for MB64 navigation (with no LED's)...

J4: the buttons F1, F2, F3 & F4  come with no LED's - but they are freely programmable.

i understand if i want to make a 40 button mbox64 i will have to add another DINX4 module and stuff only the 1st IC, as far as numbering will it just continue where the 1st DIN module left off? Would this be correct for the 2nd DIN module, J4 = #25-#28 and J3 = #29-#32?
it seems right to me - but I have no experience with more then 32 buttons (1x DINX4)...

i just found this: "to connect up to 40 buttons = 5 ICs = 1 DINX3 and 1 DINX2 module" (TK)

souce: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_din.html

-L