newbie - arpegiator/sequencer project

Xplorer

Hello !

i'm a newbie and i wonder if it's difficult to build a midibox based sequencer/arpegiator. i'm quite lost here and some advices would be greatly appreciated ;)

like the midipal, here : http://mutable-instruments.net/midipal

i'd like an arpegiator seen on the sequential circuits pro one for example. But with a different architecture, not a screen with chapters inside ..  i'd like it with encoders, switchs ... direct access to the features i need. Also, 24 steps for the sequence recorded manualoy on a keyboard and looped, transposable with the keyboard. 

the sequence recorded manualy should play back only the note heights, not the velocity and note lenghts ... like a recorder.

then, the first 24 note of the sequence could each be adjusted with encoders for their individual velocity, note lenght, volume, so 3x24 encoders. a button to rest the values of each of these 3 lines, to a standard value. a little screen for each encoder, telling the value, would be great.

a switch to record the incoming midi messages, a switch to play the sequence ..

also a general  tempo encoder, synchronisable with cubase for example,

and another section for the arpegiator, just like the midipal.

this is maybe too complex, especialy since i have no idea how to build a midibox project.

is this project already existing maybe ? so i could clone it ... and load the already coded software inside ...

or i should just buy the midipal box.

thanks !

Hi,

MIDIbox SEQ has all these features, see also http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_manual_m.html (search for the places where the keyword arpeggiator is mentioned).

But: for your plans it's a bit overweighted, because I guess that you want a small unit - like the midipal - with just some additional buttons?

Something like this hasn't been developed for the MIDIbox platform yet, but for the case that you would like to implement it by yourself: the basic pieces are there - and they are working pretty well (most of the introduced library elements are part of MIDIbox SEQ)

See also following tutorials: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_c.html

Tutorial #018 shows how to implement a very simple arpeggiator.

The previous tutorials explain, how to handle buttons and encoders.

It makes sense to read the tutorials from the beginning to get a basic understanding about the MIOS32 architecture.

Best Regards, Thorsten.