Bank Selection Query

crunchie

Hi all!

I've been planning a Midi Controller for quite some time now and with the release of the NG platform I figured it would be a better time than any. However, before I start piecing components together I was hoping to get some things cleared up before I get on my way.

I have looked over the documentation regarding 'Banks' and do have a fair idea of its implementation however there is some functionality I would like to confirm. So far, I understand that hardware elements will have 'hw_id''s which then can be banked to X amount of 'id' elements if there are X amount of Bank buttons to switch between.

I was wondering if it is at all possible to have seperate 'Bank Zones' (sorry for a lack of a better title) which have their own independent Bank Select buttons and have no effect on any of the other Bank Zones.

e.g.

Take a control surface that has the following control elements:

- 8 Encoders (A)

- 8 Momentary Buttons (A)

- 4 Bank Select  Buttons (A)

- 16 Momentary Buttons (B)

- 4 Bank Select Buttons (B)

Is the following functionality possible?:

- 'Bank Select (A)' buttons will switch the [8 Encoders] & [8 Mom Buttons] between 4 banks

- 'Bank Select (B)' buttons will switch the [16 Mom Buttons] between 4 banks

- Switching between banks in either Zone A/B will not affect the state/bank of the other zones.

Excited to get things under way. Any help appreciated!

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

independent bank zones could be created with conditional events, see also this example: http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fcontrollers%2Fmidibox_ng_v1%2Fcfg%2Ftests%2Fconev_3.ngc

An alternative approach would be the usage of a .NGR script: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_ng_manual_ngr.html

I'm planning to add an "enable_event" and "disable_event" command which allows to control the state of EVENTs like the bank feature is doing, but with the possibility to maintain each EVENT separately.

Best Regards, Thorsten.