MB6582, MIDI, uploading MIOS fail

neilbaldwin

I'm at the stage now where I'm trying to upload the MIOS core (1.9g) to the master core of my MB6582

1) MIOS Studio is connecting OK and I'm getting the message that the core has booted successfully.

2) In the Receive window (MIOS Studio) I'm getting a constant stream of sysex messages:

[1953650.223] f0 00 00 7e 40 00 0e 0b 01 f7

[1953650.227] f0 00 00 7e 40 00 01 f7

repeated over and over.

3) Uploading fails with error message: Upload aborted due to error #11: MIDI IN Overrun Error

4) I've gone through the MIDI troubleshooting guide, specifically noting TESTCORE_10 regarding this sysex overflow issue and there are no shorts between the TX and RX lines on the PIC.

5) If I disconnect the MIDI IN on the MB6582 side I get the same sysex messages appearing in MIOS Receive window but this time there at a rate of about 1 per second instead of the flood that I get with MIDI IN and OUT connected.

6) I am using a Novation 49SL MkII which I note seems to be one of the 'blacklisted' devices.

I'm at a point where I've exhausted checks on the board and I think the next step is to try another MIDI interface. This would mean buying one so I'm posting in the hope that someone can either recognise the symptoms and say 'Yep, definitely the MIDI interface' or alternative suggest something else to try?

Thanks,

Neil