output parameter value on dout (BCD, LED-Bar, etc)

jrp

Hello,

Propably this idea is just too complex to implement, but i´ll ask anyhow... Sorry, can´t help it. MBSid is a fascination and i think about it all the time...

Any chance to output CS_MENU_GetScaledParam through the dout chain in any form?

I am designing my own cs with some dedicated extra encoders i managed to implement (for Aout, envelopes, 8 menu encoders).

I am using a 40*2 display.

I really like the menu structure, but for editing a synth with many knobs it is nice if you don´t have to look at the display.

Also it would be possible to adjust menu order and cursor offset so that, for example, if you tweak the envelope encoders the display will flip to the env screen but show different parameters than those assigned to the env encoders, ready to be tweaked as well with the menu encoders.

For this some kind of visual feedback of the tweaked parameter would be great.

The 20*4 display option shows a bargraph on the lower line. I looked at the code in the cs_menu.inc and i see there are quite a few steps going on to get a value and print it.

Do you see any chance to output this value in any form over the dout chain?

Driving a BCD display or a LED bar comes to mind (many pins).

If i undestand the basics a BCD value can be transformed to a analog voltage with a resistor ladder. So even a LM3914 driven LED bar would be an option. I certainly wouldn´t mind the extra soldering.

I looked at the code in the cs_menu.inc and i see there are quite a few steps going on to get a value and print it.

and even more steps are required to implement alternative solutions, especially for somebody who has no access to the hardware extension you have in mind.

The assembly based implementation makes it even more difficult to add extensions w/o extensive testing!

So: please don't expect support from my side, there are more interesting projects in the queue :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

i can see that, absolutley! You have created a pice of art here and i wouldn´t expect for anything.

I spend every free minute for the last three weeks building and playing with my sid and i absolutley love it. It´s in a cardboard box and has wires all over and i am testing analog effects and filters to go along with it. I expect to finish it not very soon, so who knows, maybe i´ll learn some asembler :)

I was just hoping there might be an easy way to have those 4 bits printed out a dout shiftregister.