Cubase SX & DSPFactory with 2-3 LCs ?

Guest vpera

Hi

Is it possible to use Cubase SX with two or three Midibox LCs (in Mackie Control compatible mode) so that one is controlling e.g. channels 9-16 and the second (without the master section) e.g. channels 1-8 simultaneously, etc.?

Will everything work (e.g. motor faders with touch sensors) for all these channels in the same way as using one Midibox LC for the normal 8 channels does.

I think I know I should use two MIDI I/O ports but if that is the only problem then there is no problem at all (in addition to building the thing).

I also "know" Steinberg will support the expansion unit some day but do we get the midi specs for it, I wonder.

If I ever get that far I might try to build a 24 channel controller and also try to control all 24 channels of the DSP factory with it. Requires some additional programming though.

Vesa, a newbie

I only know that this works w/o problems in Logic Audio.

LC_EMULATION_ID of the first core ("Logic Control") has to be set to 0x10

LC_EMULATION_ID of the remaining cores ("Logic Control XT") has to be set to 0x11

For Cubase SX you have to select:

-> LC_EMULATION_ID 0x14 ("Mackie Control")

Maybe somebody who owns Cubase SX and two core modules could try if 0x15 is the ID of the extension unit and if Cubase regognize this device

Best Regards, Thorsten.

i want to do this too !

but currently there is only support for one unit

i tried to connect 2 ones but everything u can do is controlling 8 channels with 2 boxes - one controls the other - its useless  >:(

we can only hope that there will be a update of cubase sx with xt support in near future - on the mackie page i read something like that but no dates ...

greetings

hallucinogen