pitch, external switches and cvs sometimes not working as expected

jrp

Hello,

I wonder if anyone else has encountered strange behavior on their MB_SIDs.

I belive this has to do with firmware updates as whenever something like this happenes it affects older patches. When starting with the init patch erverything seems to be working (exept for my trigger-outs 1 and 8).

Symptoms: (these are all on my Core #2, Master Core seems to be working flawless)

One Sid being out of tune - you have to transpose it to +50 to get into the range that should be +0. Happened only once so far. Can be solved by switching patch.

One CV-Channel not working or ommiting the first half of it´s range (from 0 to 800 it outputs 0V, then output raises to 2.5v) Only CV7 is affected. Nothing is assigned in the matrix. This problem disappears when a new patch is selected.

External Trigger 1 is always on, trigger 8 is always off. Nothing assigned in the setup asm, other triggers working fine. I am using J5.

The external trigger 1 never worked (found no soldering issue), trigger 8 just recently stopped working. I really hope to fix this.

I was doing a lot of uploads, mainly changing buttons, etc. The firmware i am using has some new buttons and encoders added, i cannot imagine that this is causing this behavior, but on the ther hand, if no one ever experiences stuff like this....

Edited by jrp

i did a fresh install using the unmodded version downloaded from ucapps. All flags controlling external triggers were set to 0,

#define DEFAULT_J5_FUNCTION    3

#define AOUT_INTERFACE_TYPE   3

#define DEFAULT_EXT_SWITCH_DOUT    0

I also disabled all shiftregister pins except for my exec button to clone this firmware to my slave core.

I then reinstalled my own version setup for my hardware to the master core.

It doesn´t change a thing unfortunately. Ext trig 1 is always high, 8 is always low, 2-7 are working fine.

Is this a bug? Can someone confirm this is working?

Propably i´ll solder in a single dout register to my slave module and try to use that one.

even stranger:

on my master core

Trigger 1 is high, activating the trigger on the cs flips it low for half a second.

Trigger 2, 3, 4, 6 are acting the oppostite way. When turned on they fall back to low after half a second.

Trigger 5, 7, 8 are functioning normal.

Again, all trigger assignments in the setup.hex are turned off, J5_Function = 3

Setting up a DOut shift register works for the master core, but unfortunately not on the slave module. Is this even supported?

I used SR#1 for this. The three data lines coming from the pic are all low. So maybe J5 is the only way for slave cores to axcess external switches?

• 1 month later...