Midi File Path for Midio128 software

kpete

About 1 year ago I tryed to modify the Midio128 software to be able to change where the Midi files would be found and saved.  It started with simple changes but just like pealing and onion, it got more complicated as I found the next problem.  I got the "read" and "find" functions working but ran out of time and never finished the "record" area of the software.  Plus it also included changes in the file.c file in the modules directory which I want to avoid.

I want to try it again with a new project but wanted some direction.  Right now I want to get the software to work by just changing the path varialbe #define MID_FILES_PATH "" in the mid_file.c file.  There is a comment just below indicating if you change the path to use a / at the end of the string such as:

#define MID_FILES_PATH "MyMidi/".  But this extra / causes other problems.  And I don't want any changes to affect the software in the mios32\trunk\modules\file\file.c area.

As of right now I am thinking about not using the extra / and just add it when needed.  So the define would look like:  #define MID_FILES_PATH "MyMidi".  Does this look like a good direction to continue with or can I ask Thorsten to put changes into the midio128_v3 that would make this work properly?

Pete Knobloch

PS-Eventually I will just change this define to be a string variable that will have the current directory path in it and re-initialize the file system when I change this string.  My final goal is to provide a button that when pushed, will change to the next directory in the root file system. 

Well I don't remember why it took so many changes to get it to work a year ago but with some basic changes I did get it to work. Only issue is that it doesn't display the file names like the current release.   It displays the file paths along with the file name on line 1 rather than just the file name.  And I have an issue where after the recording is stopped that the line 1 is cleared rather than showing the new file that was created.  There are a few other issues but I can work around these.  I did add a new function called MID_FILE_StripPath() which simplified the processing issues considerably.

Pete