Loop function

pcbatterij

Hey all,

I have read through the manual but didn't find an answer to the following question:

Is it possible to loop step 17 to 32 from a 32 step track without first playing the steps 1-16 first?

I am asking this, because it would be nice for me to sometimes split the track in two.

Sorry if it is already explained somewhere.

cheers,

Jef

Hi Jef,

methinks, there is this option (excerpt from the manual):

Fx Loop

Is this an "effect" or a "tool" which is useful while editing long sequences... decide by yourself:

fx_loop.gif

• Global Loop Mode: following modes are supported:
    • All Tracks/Step View: loops all tracks around the visible step view
    • All Tracks/Static View: loops all tracks around the selected Offset/Step range
    • Selected Track/Step View: loops the selected track around the visible step view
    • Selected Track/Static View: loops the selected track around the selected Offset/Step range

that is another rather unknown feature - it is also button-triggerable - i´ve added an extra button to the CS to be able to switch it on and off, but you could remap any other button you have available - look for BUTTON_LOOP in the hardware config file.

Or use MENU+SCRUB button on a standard CS.

If turned on, it loops the currently visible step view - which allows for nice "stuttering" or "repeat" effects when playing a longer track (in a live session).

Many greets and enjoy!

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye