Problem setting up tool chain MIOS32

kuykens

HI All,

I have been struggling some days with getting the programming environment in place.

I have followed the instructions on setting up the toolchain according to:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=windows_mios32_toolchain_core

I have installed MIOS32 from SVN in :

C:\Users\jillejille\Documents\MIOS32\trunk

If I open a command window on one of the tutorial projects:

C:\Users\jillejille\Documents\MIOS32\trunk\apps\tutorials\001_forwarding_midi

and do a make the utility ends up in an endless loop not displaying anything. 

If I start make with -d switch I get endless lines of debug info. A snippet of that output is included below:

Trying pattern rule with stem `freertos_heap.d'.
   Trying implicit prerequisite `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/freertos_heap.d.p'.
   Looking for a rule with intermediate file `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/freertos_heap.d.p'.
    Avoiding implicit rule recursion.
    Trying implicit prerequisite `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/freertos_heap.d.web'.
    Trying pattern rule with stem `freertos_heap.d.p'.
    Trying implicit prerequisite `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/freertos_heap.d.p,v'.
    Trying implicit prerequisite `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/RCS/freertos_heap.d.p,v'.
    Trying implicit prerequisite `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/RCS/freertos_heap.d.p'.
    Trying implicit prerequisite `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/s.freertos_heap.d.p'.
    Trying implicit prerequisite `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/SCCS/s.freertos_heap.d.p'.
    Trying implicit prerequisite `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/freertos_heap.d.web'.
    Looking for a rule with intermediate file `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/freertos_heap.d.web'.
     Trying pattern rule with stem `freertos_heap.d.web'.
     Trying implicit prerequisite `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/freertos_heap.d.web,v'.
     Trying pattern rule with stem `freertos_heap.d.web'.
     Trying implicit prerequisite `project_build//C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk/programming_models/traditional/RCS/freertos_heap.d.web,v'.

Environment variables are set up as follows:

MIOS32_BIN_PATH=C:\Users\jillejille\Documents\MIOS32\trunk\bin
MIOS32_BOARD=MBHP_CORE_LPC17
MIOS32_FAMILY=LPC17xx
MIOS32_GCC_PREFIX=arm-none-eabi
MIOS32_LCD=universal
MIOS32_PATH=/C/Users/jillejille/Documents/MIOS32/trunk
MIOS32_PROCESSOR=LPC1769

Path is setup as:

Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32
\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\MSYS\1.0\bin;c:\mios32_toolchain\bin;C:\Program File
s\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\Microchip\xc8\v1.33\bin

This runs on a 32 bits Win7 machine

Any pointers how to solve this would be welcome...

regards

Hans

Nobody reported such an issue before, therefore I've no spontaneous idea what could cause this.

The environment variables look ok.

Are you trying this with an unmodified SVN repository? (I guess: yes, of course...)

It seems that the programming_models/traditional/freertos_heap.cpp file is problematic... but why?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Well this snippet was of a file that grew to 700k (!) in a few seconds. I was unable to upload it to the topic. Almost all files create the same problem in the logging.

Indeed no modifications in the SVN download. The make file test also succeeded, so no conflict in make tooling. The computer also is a relatively clean system. 

I had delayed my endeavors to solve this myself until I got message from you. Guess I have to pick it up again and see whether this is solvable. Such a pity.