Filebrowser access not implemented

xmodusterz

Hi. First time poster, ordered some things to give the midi shop a try (I've built stomp pedals and such before but nothing close to this level, and never done computer interfacing except classes in college) so I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. This is the error I get when I try to update the MIOS file browser "Filebrowser access not implemented by this application!". Also I can't see any files at all and after creating a file it doesn't show up. I wasn't sure if it was an electrical problem or some sort of interfacing problem. Does the SD card have to be a certain size? Any help would be amazing.

You might have better luck getting useful help if you let us know what hardware you're working with, what you're trying to build, what core you're using, what steps you've taken so far, etc.  "Some things" doesn't really give anyone who would like to help you much to go on.

Edited by borfo

This is what I get. Sorry, again, quite new so wasn't sure what was relevant. Attempting to just get a working STM32F4 using the board from midibox shop. Was following the "User Manual First Steps" and ran into that snag. So far I've gotten the STM32F4 working using ST-Link, and loaded the "project.hex" from Mios32_bootloader_v1_018.

So you've just installed the bootloader, and haven't installed an application?  (eg: any of the apps listed in the STM32F4 Applications section of http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_download.html )  I'm not sure if the bootloader itself supports the filebrowser...  If not, then the "not implemented by this application" message makes sense...

You're connecting properly to your core with MIOS Studio, I guess.  Can you execute commands in the MIOS Studio terminal? see this page for more info about the bootloader: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_bootstrap_newbies.html

What are you trying to build?  A MIDIbox SEQ?  A MIDIbox NG?  Try installing an application, like the SEQ v4 project.hex (from here: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_download.html ) or something, using the upload feature in MIOS Studio...  The SEQ app implements the file browser for sure.  So does the NG app.

• Like 1

Yep thought it was an idiot problem. To be clear That was it. had the bootloader projecthex not the application. Thanks for the help.

To be clear on what was the problem for any other newbies, I mistakingly moved straight from the STM32f4 setup into the "first steps" tutorial without actually loading anything but the bootloader aka the midi box NG in my case. 

Edited by xmodusterz