[FS] sammichSID 6581. White case. Needs Repair or for parts. 2 6581 SIDs included.

Dronepiper

So I tried to swap the filter caps near the SID sockets so I could use 8580 chips instead of 6581 and noticed that the previous owner who built the unit didn't use the machine strips for them as recommended per the build guide.

I have had a heck of a time trying to unsolder the little buggers and there is still residual metal down in the hole that I am afraid to try my hand at heating up with the iron. I want to let a more experienced builder revive this Sammich and bring it back to it's state of former glory.
Because it is in a non-functioning state and will take some tinkering... I am letting her go for the fair price of $250 plus shipping.

I have since bought another sammichSID and won't really be needing this one.. so my motivation to fix it myself is kinda low.

for tldr: $250 + shipping.
Would Possibly trade for a desktop Waldorf Blofeld. Let me know if you wanna try to arrange it.

I live in Texas.

PM me

Posting pic soon

Edited by Dronepiper

• 2 weeks later...