More complicated MIDI messages

shar

Hello

I am very beginner with MidiBox. Now I am at startup stage of develop that gear. I've read all available docs and sources carefully. My question is: how could I program more complicated MIDI message for buttons than program change? I have a plan to use MIDIBox as MIDI controller at live perfomances. I'd like assign bank select/program change/reverb/horus/some other settings for one button. Could it be programmed by Sysex,  or must be defined during compilation time?

Custom MIDI messages are already possible with every MIDIbox, they can either be configured on-screen via MIDI learn or direct modification, they can be configured with the mk_syx script or with the vmidibox editor from a PC/Mac

But multiple MIDI messages triggered by a single button/pot/encoder/fader/etc... can only be realized by implementing Meta events, and I don't plan to change this since a lot of (wasted) memory would have to be reserved for such a feature which is only used by 1% of all users...

so - it's better to implement a dedicated application of you need on-screen editing of multiple events. MIOS provides all the basics, only the user interface has to be implemented (programming effort: ca. 2-3 months)

Best Regards, Thorsten.