sammichSID receives MIDI data from Logic but is silent until patch changed

wjmwpg

Hello all,

I've encountered a problem while attempting to sequence my sammichSID from Logic Pro 9. Until now I've always played the sammichSID by hand (well with an external MIDI keyboard run through Logic Pro and then to the sammichSID). Today when I tried sequencing the sammichSID from Logic I encountered an odd problem. The Sammich appears like it's receiving the MIDI notes (the lights change and dance exactly as I'd expect them to given the MIDI notes programmed), but it makes no sound. Now if I change patches while it is being sequenced with MIDI notes suddenly it'll make sounds from the incoming MIDI notes like it should until one MIDI region ends and another begins. At that point it goes silent again (while the lights continue to indicate that the MIDI notes are being received), until I change patches again at which point it makes sound again until the end of one MIDI region and the start of the next. It seems that perhaps Logic is sending some kind of message at the head of each MIDI region that's muting the output of the Sammich, but I can't find any Program Change messages or SysEx within my MIDI regions that would do this. While my solution may reside within Logic Pro, I decided to post this issue here first because it only happens with my sammichSID and not with any of my other synths - making it a Sammich-specific problem. 

Cheers,
James