trackball2dIn

noskule

Hi List

i did connect a kebsington turbo trackball to a dIn modul. It working a litte but not realy  . . .means that it sends data but in a slow datarate 1 0. So i can move the trackball slowly and data are comming slowly to, if i move faster data comming a little faster, if i move fast no faster datarate . . . .

i connected the trackball to the comparator .. .this is the unit

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lp339.pdf

the voltage of the trackball is 5V

my question: ist this part ok to connect to a midibox ore have i to replace it with a other?

Dos anyone have a suggestion ?

nos

Hi Nos,

are you using the PIC16F or MIOS based MIDIbox64?

PIC16F: won't work due to the debouncing feature which has been implemented for cheap buttons and cannot be disabled w/o other restrictions. It could work with MIDIO128 when the update frequency is decreased to 1 mS

MIOS: just open the main.asm, set the DEFAULT_SRIO_DEBOUNCE_CTR to 0, reassemble and upload the new code and it will work.

If the trackball provides the same signals like an incremental encoder (2 outputs, gray code), you could also define the two DINs as encoder input in mios_tables.inc and add a special handler which sends (for example) Inc/Dec MIDI events (CC #0x60 for increment, CC #0x61 for decrement)

Best Regards, Thorsten.