Feature suggestion: Nameable Parameter Layers, saveable I/O Configurations, Per-Instrument-CC-Implementation

u-link

Personnally I would find it useful if the Parameter Layers would be nameable in a similar way to how the Drum Notes are. Like this, you could create a Preset for a certain instrument, assign Parameter Layer 5 to say CC 074, save as preset and be done with remembering that this is the cutoff controller on your synth.

Maybe it would be even be possible to create a list / table in a text editor with a config file containing info about which instrument is connected to which MIDI I/O (like the MIDI Setup on OSX). Onw were to be able to store several such configurations, eg one for the studio, one for live sessions etc.

Further, this idea could be extended to include a CC implementation table for each instrument. You could then, instead of selecting ports / channels, select the synth directly, and configure the tracks with the modulation destination being referred to by name. I guess most people using hardware synths only have a limited amount of instruments, so taking the effort once to list all the I/O and CC parameters would be worthwile (and the lists could be shared via the forum).

Finally, it might be possible to have an integrated converter to MIDI Sysex, so you could directly control synths that only have a Sysex implementation, similar to the standalone app that julienvoirin developed in this thread:
midibox.org/forums/topic/16302-roland-juno-106-and-alpha-juno-2-sysex-translator/#comment-149077
That might make it feasible to control parameters from the Mixer Map on a Sysex-only synth and automate them via Parameter Layers!

• Like 1