Question about button selections

jjonas

Hi,

I'm trying out if I can build a controller matrix of 8 encoders and 11 rows of selectable parameters (a bit like Waldorf Blofeld's matrix). Each row has eight parameters, and the 8 encoders at the bottom edit the 8 parameters on the selected row (selection is indicated with an LED).

At the moment I have 11 buttons, each selecting a specific bank, and they're in the same radio group. That works as expected. However, I would like to avoid having a separate button for selecting each bank/row, and was thinking whether it's possible to divide the 11 rows into e.g. four groups – rows 1–3, rows 4–6, rows 7–9 and 10–11 – and have one button for each of these groups, with which I could cycle through the rows (i.e. banks & indicator LEDs) in the group (like on the Blofeld, or on the MBSID, for that matter). This way I would need only four buttons to select each bank, still relatively quickly. (With bank increment/drecrement I would need only two buttons, but I would need to press the buttons a lot to select rows that are far apart from each other.)

I think this is possible, but the question is, is it possible within just the .NGC file, or does it require something in the .NGR file as well..?

EDIT: To clarify further, the point is that only one row/bank should be selected at any time; this is why using several radio groups doesn't work, because one row/group will always be active within each radio group, so with four radio groups, four rows/banks will be active simultaneously.

Edited by jjonas