my project

defred

Hi there, just a little bitmap to show you my project.

Will use this sweet thing to control Ableton Live, it will be like a super MPC. I'll post some photos when terminated.

facadeMBC64.jpg

If you see a bug in my design tell me so, its my first box, I might have missed some ergonomic issues, thought I've spend lot of time to get to that project profile. (black lines are deco and mean nothing)

catch'ya all soon !

defred

A step further !

Will make good pictures when finished. And I will never again make a metallic Mbox, It's too much work for an average result ;) (but cheap and solid)

mbc2004.jpg

This will definitly be the MBC2004 VLC (I love making funny names like the big japanese brand do)

defred

hi defred!

nice design!

But, (not sure) but I think those buttons you used are going to be changed soon.

I think theyre those buttons with a big travelling distance(when you press them you have to press them all-al-all the way through) and there is not a distinct point where the button is pressed (like a "click" or something).

Again not sure, but from your rough picture this is what I saw.

You'll NEED more accurate buttons like the pcb mounted miniature ones...

Nice work on the chassis!

thanks uclaros !

the big pushes are indeed quite long travelling, but testing them with my ohmmeter the contact is coming really early, not at the end of travelling, hope it will keep that way ! and I've choosen these ones because its for live purpose, and I'm sometimes getting very hard with my buttons  :P So I preffered good bouncing pushes to avoid cracking them during a set. (moreover they were the cheapest at my electronic parts dealer !)

Note that the trigger pads (not present on the picture) will be made of tact switch like you talk about. So I will see the difference, and change my system or not !!!!

defred