Trouble playing sid files on MIDIbox SID

fallenturtle

I'm editing this thread now that I've learned that the SID player is part of the MIDIbox SID app... so I guess I need to troubleshoot why I can't get any .sid files to playback.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I've tried sidplayer and sidplayer2 with the hardsid.dll in the same folder. Sidplayer lets me select Device 0 but when I play back the file it doesn't seem that anything is getting to the MBSID (MBSIDV2) device. The display continue to show the general Lead patch. With sidplayer2 the hardsid option is completely grayed out and can't be selected.

Any thoughts to what piece of the puzzle I'm missing?

I feel foolish for posting this, but for the life of me I can't track down the actual hex file/app for "MBHP_SID player" to upload into the MIDIbox SID like this guy is running:

Edited by fallenturtle

Though for some reason Last Ninja 2's 2nd voice isn't playing. Commando I think is fine though, so I guess its that one song.

Edit: Actually it seems to be fine at first and then the volume moves around, eventually getting really quiet though if you cancel out the other voices it can be heard faintly.

Edited by fallenturtle

On 3/20/2017 at 4:19 PM, fallenturtle said:

I tried my other 6581 chip and the results seem to be the same. Is this an issue with ASID player not being able to recreate certain programing techniques?

Yep, its not compatible with all SID files.

20 hours ago, fallenturtle said:

Does anyone know if Last Ninja 2 uses any special techniques that won't work asid64?

Yes if I remember correctly the synth that comes in after the intro of central park loader / ingame fades out too early.

• Like 1