PSU Questions for extending module Midibox SID

fallenturtle

I've currently got up and running a single 6582 SID+Core powered by a 15V 1amp AC/DC adapter (in the US). If/when SmashTV gets in more SID boards I'm hoping to expand to another 6582 slaved off the original and an 8580 with its own Core. So two core boards and 3 SID boards (and possibly a 4th SID board and 8580 if I want to go stereo on the 8580, but right now I'm just planning for the 3 SID chips I have on hand.)

I'm assuming I need more power than my current supply can put out, but I'm confused on which direction to go for a power source. From what I've read I should stay away from the original C64 PSUs. I saw some guides on building them, but they seem more complicated than building the SID and CORE modules.

I saw this switching power supply on Mouser for $16 which has a 12V out and a separate 5V out. http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/260/RD-35-SPEC-806287.pdf

Would that work with 5V for the cores and 12V for the SIDs (with I guess some sort of resistor to step down the 12V to 9V for the 8580(s)?

Thanks

A 15V 1A adapter should be plenty of juice for 3 SIDs, pretty sure. In any case, I don't see much advantage in getting that Mouser PSU over a regular wall wart. The Meanwell is overkill for what you're doing anyway, and may or may not introduce switching noise.