Sequencer on core > 1

Johey

Five years have passed since I built my MB6582, so I thought it's about time learning to use it. :-)

I have been ripping my hair all day long while playing around with sequencers for basslines and drums. Selecting the sequence from the control surface mod matrix works perfectly fine on SID1, but not on other cores. Going back to the manual once again, I find this explanation:

" Due to implementation reasons, the special step display works only when basslines are played on the master core. "

What the... Not that I had any hair to rip of in the first place, but... This is just the thing I've been fighting against, I guess? Could anybody please explain to me what the implementation reasons are, and if there is a way to overcome this? Ok, I can trig it using an external keyboard or sequencer, but that is far from convenient. In a performance situation, I'd typically like to manage the bassline and drum sequences from the control surface, leaving the keyboard setup for a lead engine.

When talking about sequencers and cores... Is there a way of syncing sequences between the cores? I mean, for instance, if I have a drum sequence running on SID3 and I start a bassline on SID4, the latter should start at step 13 if SID3 is at step 13.