Cubase Quick Control Plugins controller

madbutnotmad

Hello

I was wondering if someone could help me with some basic advice with regards to what MIDI box modules I am going to need to get for my first learning experiment into the MIDIbox universe.

For my first experiment i would like to make a controller that can be used to control a specific plug in which i use in Cubase.

Lets say for example. a tape delay emulation plugin. Which i am fond of. For example. say the UAD EP 34

UAD EP 34

Which uses 6 rotary encoders (perhaps with LED rings), 1 x Fader and 6 toggle switches. Although i understand that Cubase only allows max 8 using Quick Control mapping of generic hardware to plug ins. I do not think that any more than 8 physical controllers can be mapped to plug ins used on inserts if the control surface is using the Mackie control surface protocol / driver. However perhaps i am wrong, as i am not an expert in this area. And you guys will likely know more about this.

Just to clarify, i was wondering 
which modules i will need to use to make a basic control surface to control the bellow plug in. I was also wondering if it is possible to connect an Ethernet output, which may be used at a later date when i can work out how to use the EUCON. Thanks

I will firstly need a core module.

What others modules do you recommend i need.

Do i need a MIDI module for MIDI I/O or can this be done by the built in USB 

I guess i need Analogue module as well?

If i were to employ LCD rings, would i also need a special module for this? Although my first experiment with MDIbox, i will likely not use LED rings,

so as to keep it simple, rather than make my own life hard

thanks for any help

Edited by madbutnotmad

Would the following do the job?

CORE_STM32 Module

AINSER64 (is this all i need or do i need an DIN and/or DOUT module?, as I plan to use absolute rotary encoders)

MIDI_IO Module? (or can i rely on the built in USB on the STM32F4DISCOVERY) or do i need a USB GM5 Module?

LCD Infos (just for added effect prior to using LED Rings)

Thanks