Arkaos

intosite

Guest Zzzz...

Busy with being writing my one VJ software wich is able to be controlled by the MidiBox...

Arkaos isn't the best...as i was working with in my earlier period...

Tip...Try VLIGHT.TO....Still searching to connect to midibox.

Grtz  E

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, we're currently building a simple mb64 with my friend vj for gigs and realtime video work, Arkaos simply recognize note on/off to trigger vidéos, start/stop and also speed and position of the trigered video. The controllers are used by the effects of the software, I can't remember now all the effects (because there's a bunch of it !) blur, pixelisation, color modification... Every parameter of effect can be midi controlled, also the soft can be synchronized to midi clock so that it will trigger the video by itself according to tempo. there Must be some other possibilities I don't know ;)

We decided, to put 64 trigger button and 32 pots/fader on this one to keep the box low priced, it is still under construction.

Zzzz : arkaos isn't the best okay, but it still has great power in a video style mixing (I mean real video, not vector-flash-oriented material), especially the latest version, my friend finally bought it because it fit his way of Vmixing, no software is ever the best, it's just a matter of "does it fit your ideas and style ?". But I'm going to look at that Vlight soft you quote.

defred

Guest Zzzz...

Defred...

You're right ... "it's just a matter of "does it fit your ideas and style""...it just depends on what your use to and... I haven't seen the latest version. ..There are a lot of tools these days and each one has is own capabilities and its own characteristics....and it's own minors...So that's probably why I started writing my own...But stopped because somehow I couldn't get my hands real good on it...

Have some other links  ... http://www.vidvox.net (if you use Mac  :-/)

Otherwise search for.... resolume ... (pc-based from some people in the Hague (the Netherlands))..Real nice...

Grtz Erik

Hi, I'm working as well to make a custom MIDI controller for my favourite VJ software, in my case Flowmotion ( which I also made, www.robotfunk.com/flowmotion )

actually I'm hoping to make a control panel to control both Flowmotion and Ableton Live at the same time, this would be the best solution for my live audiovisual performances.

• 1 year later...

hi there,

ive been using a demo of elektronika live from http://www.aestesis.org/mb/

this software is fantastic, its quite expensive tho 290euros i think but its almost like propellerheads reason for video editing

you can add modules (video players, effects, vector generators, video sequencers, loopers, ect ect) and then route the video thru different modules and trigger these to midi audio events

best of all its all controllable over midi and has a midi learn function

i found this software from this list of vj software, it worth a look for lots of free/demo stuff

http://www.audiovisualizers.com/toolshak/vjprgpix/softmain.htm

volg4

• 3 months later...

hi

its really easy to build a arkaos controller since its possible to chance the controller numbers in arkaos.

so you can use fix controller numbers in your box.

actually i'm building a controller for my friends software visulator 2.5, it rocks!

cheers