programming with max/pd...

airmailed

hello...

traditional programming sometimes makes my brain hurt ;-), but lately i've been using pure data (open source version of max/msp) to make my own midi effects and that sort of thing.. since pure data is open source, and new objects can be programmed for it, it got me wondering if it would be possible to use it to write Mios applications....

the more i thought about it, the more i realised that this might be a lot of work to set up, which i don't really have the skill to do, but i thought i'd mention it anyway

i'm imagining some kind of thing like the nord modular, where effects and applications can be built on the computer by connecting objects graphically, then saved onto the midibox...

the pure data homepage is at www.pure-data.org (i think anyway, it is not connecting right now).. i notice there is a max/msp forum on midibox.org... i have to go to school now, but i think later today i will put some of my pd patches on my website... i will list the address later on..... well it's later on now, my patches can be found at http://www.hatstand23.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pd/

bye for now

best wishes

Adam