Sysex

Guest decode

Guest decode

Hello,

I am very keen to build a custom Midi box to control an effects rack for a live setup.  However not all effect parameters can be controlled by control changes, therefore most pots and buttons will need to send sysex.  I think the MIDIBox64 would be the most suitable project but I have read the tutorial and it doesnt really mention sysex.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

Also, the control surface will be split into a delay, filter and chorus/flanger section - each with a bypass button.  I would also like a master on/off button, where you can turn the master button to off and set each section bypass switch to the desired position and then set the master back to on, enabling you to trigger multiple bypass configurations with one button.  Would this be possible to do without additional programing?

Finally, for the chorus/flanger selection I would need a pot that selects the effect type (i.e chorus, phaser, flanger).  This pot would need to send out a sysex command but also change the sysex output for the pots in that section, in order to control the correct parameter in that effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Matt

Guest psytron

with a little programming you can get your midibox to send (almost) anything you like.

people have done it i just cant rememer who keep looking.

it depends what equipment you are using

i presume you may need to do a little here and there.

it is not as daunting as it first looks give it a go ;)

perhaps a dtented rotary encoder would be better to select the fx type.

(it feels like there are little bumps when you turn it)

Guest decode

Hello,

Can you use analogue and digital pots at the same time?  I have very little knowledge of electronics but I know even less about programing.  I am determined to build this box but I want to make sure everything is possible to save money and time.  If you could give me a bit more info on the sysex it would be appreciated.

The midibox would need to incorporate a type of mixer that could direct two seperate signals through the effects units and be able to change the signal flow of the units (i.e which siganal goes through the effects and what order it goes in).  Does anyone know where I could get a circuit diagram or more information on how to do this?  I can give more info if anyone is interested.

Cheers, Matt