Hello from a newbie....

Milkmansound

Hello all! I have been really excited lately, since I have decided to build a Midibox Sid into an old ammo case. With the help of SmashTV's site, and the midibox site I am just about ready to begin designing, and my 64's are on the way.

I have one question though - has anyone loaded the firmware with OSX? Or from a mac? Is there a standard midi file version of the firmware? (and I guess the Sid app...)

Thanks in advance for any info! - Tim

Hello all! I have been really excited lately, since I have decided to build a Midibox Sid into an old ammo case. With the help of SmashTV's site, and the midibox site I am just about ready to begin designing, and my 64's are on the way.

I have one question though - has anyone loaded the firmware with OSX? Or from a mac? Is there a standard midi file version of the firmware? (and I guess the Sid app...)

Thanks in advance for any info! - Tim

Hi

I'm on a Mac. I had to get the MIOS bootstrap loaded from a pc (I  tried a usb - serial device on the mac running virtual pc but I suspect it didn't have a high enough voltage to actually burn the chip.

Once the MIOS is loaded you can send the sysex files over MIDI using SYSEX Librarian from www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

there are full versions in the downloads that can simply be downloaded onto the chip (the .syx file) , but you can alter them in MPLAB in virtual pc and then load them if you want to tweak it.

Cheers

Nickw

Hi

I'm on a Mac. I had to get the MIOS bootstrap loaded from a pc (I  tried a usb - serial device on the mac running virtual pc but I suspect it didn't have a high enough voltage to actually burn the chip.

Once the MIOS is loaded you can send the sysex files over MIDI using SYSEX Librarian from www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

there are full versions in the downloads that can simply be downloaded onto the chip (the .syx file) , but you can alter them in MPLAB in virtual pc and then load them if you want to tweak it.

Cheers

Nickw